WHAT ARE WE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES SAFE?
July 1, 2021
The Sequoia Centre at McCall Gardens can safely accommodate up to 120 people for a Celebration of Life or Funeral Service. It is the largest event centre of any funeral provider in Greater Victoria.
The health and safety of our guests and employees are our top priorities. At this time McCall Gardens will welcome guests for services and visitations up to 120 people. We want to assure you that the McCall Gardens team is taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness.
Events can be live streamed whereby participants attending virtually will appear on the TV screens throughout the Sequoia Centre so family and others in attendance can see and feel their support. Additionally, the service can be recorded and posted to the obituary page at mccallgardens.com immediately following the service for those unable to attend in person or virtually.
Service Protocol- July 1, 2021
- All services at McCall Gardens can be live streamed via Zoom and/or video recorded at no additional cost.
- Services will be scheduled to ensure that the facility is vacant for at least 1 hour between events so that proper cleaning and disinfecting can take place.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances. Attendees are required to sanitize their hands upon entering the building.
- Mask wearing is no longer mandatory. McCall Gardens will provide a mask to guests who request one.
- Masks will be worn by all McCall Gardens event staff and Sequoia Catering staff.
- Attendance in the Sequoia Centre is limited to 120 people plus McCall Gardens staff. Contract tracing is no longer required.
- A McCall Gardens staff member will periodically monitor the washrooms and clean door handles throughout the event.
- At the conclusion of the event all doors will be propped open, including the patio and main entrance, so that everyone can naturally disperse.
- Receptions with food and beverages are permitted and will be offered within the rules and regulations set out by the Provincial Government and Public Health Officer.
Holding a service and recognizing the loss of a loved one is incredibly important. Grief professionals recognize that closure is especially needed during this difficult time and that delaying a service can disrupt the healthy grieving process.
- Our facilities are cleaned and disinfected after each service with particular attention to high touch surfaces.
- If preferred, all funeral and/or cremation arrangements can be made online through email, telephone, or Zoom without coming to our facility.
- Merchandise such as caskets, urns, flowers and stationery can be selected either online or in person at our location.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas every morning and evening.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded multiple times a day that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed at entrances and throughout the building.
- Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home from work.
- We require that guests who are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, including fever or cough, refrain from visiting McCall Gardens at this time.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our management team at 250-385-4465
President & Owner
McCall Gardens Funeral and Cremation Services