WHAT ARE WE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES SAFE?
June 15, 2021
The Sequoia Centre at McCall Gardens can safely accommodate up to 50 people for a Celebration of Life or Funeral Service. It is the largest event centre of any funeral provider in Greater Victoria.
The health and safety of our guests and employees are our top priorities. At this time McCall Gardens will welcome guests for services and visitations up to 50 people, including a celebrant or clergy person. We want to assure you that the McCall Gardens team is taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Provincial and Federal health authorities and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and following guidelines from these agencies.
The Sequoia Centre at McCall Gardens has been set-up to safely host events while maintaining physical distancing requirements. The event can also be live streamed whereby participants attending virtually will appear on the TV screens throughout the Sequoia Centre so family and others in attendance can see and feel their support. Additionally, the service can be recorded and posted to the obituary page at mccallgardens.com immediately following the service for those unable to attend in person or virtually.
Holding a service and recognizing the loss of a loved one is incredibly important. Grief professionals recognize that closure is especially needed during this difficult time and that delaying a service can disrupt the healthy grieving process.
- We clean and disinfect our facilities after each service with particular attention to high touch surfaces.
- If preferred, all funeral and/or cremation arrangements can be made online through email, telephone, or Zoom without coming to our facility.
- Merchandise such as caskets, urns, flowers and stationery can be selected either online or in person at one of our locations.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas every morning and evening.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded multiple times a day that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed at entrances and throughout the building.
- Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home from work.
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we ask that you avoid all physical contact.
- We require that guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath or have been in contact with or have recently travelled refrain from visiting McCall Gardens at this time.
We highly recommend you rely on trusted and respected health services for information on the virus.
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
- GOVERNMENT OF CANADA – Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- BC CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL – Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our management team at 250-385-4465
President & Owner
McCall Gardens Funeral and Cremation Services